Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Metamorphosis

From what I had read, I didn't think I was going to like the book after the first chapter. It's just so awkward that he turned into a bug out of no where. There's really nothing for me to relate to because I've definitely never had this experience. It was also confusing because his parents just seemed to ignore everything which made me think that everything was in his head. I finished the second chapter and saw the humor in what was happening. It is so strange how his parents just lock him away in his room, trying to pretend nothing is going on when really there is a huge problem! I really like his sister because she's trying to help him and is the only one who seems to be acknowledging what is going on. The stuff that Gregor does is extremely weird like hanging onto a picture on the wall and just staring out the window for countless hours. I guess if I was locked in a room I would do the same, it's just so random. I didn't know if this picture had some importance because the author never gave any background information which made me kind of mad. I hope that when I finish the story, it somehow makes sense because right now it seems like the author is going to leave it pretty open ended.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Hey Han!
I know exactly what you mean. This story is really random and confusing sometimes. And I really hope that it makes sense at the end. So for right now I guess we will have to wait! =]

Justin G said...

Yeah this story is really wierd, after reading the first chapter I had no idea that he was even a bug. The ending is most likely going to leave us with as many questions since I doubt that any author could explain how and why he turned into a beetle in 20pages or less.

Nicole H. said...

I agree this book is extremely strange, but I also agree with you about liking his sister. I like his sister too, becuase even though she is only a child she still takes care of him and knows that he needs food and water. Also, she doesn't just sit their and act like he doesn't even exsist like their parents do. One question I have is why doesn't he seem to care that he turned it to a bug? I thought that my question kind of related to your post and that you might have the same/similar question. So yeah I don't know.

Winnie K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.